You will be sadly missed....
your beautiful light blue flowers will nod in the wind no more,
your green seed pods will no longer greet my mornings,
nor give me the pleasure of counting their numbers
and gleefully crossing out days to finally pluck them off,
your mature green pods will no longer play 'hide-and-seek' with me
behind your thick foliage in attempts to foil my harvest,
aye verily, my frying pan will feel empty without your pods,
so rest and revitalize the soil faithful 'friend',
till we meet again via Plant Version 2.0!
![]() |
| Yellowing and dying plant |
![]() |
| White fungal growth near roots |
![]() |
| Final harvest |



oh my, is it end of season or drought or disease ? Winter break for us at the moment, lots of people going skiing in soft abundant snow. Not me, I'm not keen. Just a few days at MikeLucky Spade's folks in England, where I might come back from with something interesting to tell.
ReplyDeleteCeline, I think disease is the culprit. That white mould growing near the roots is high on my suspect list! Ohhh, you don't like skiing?? I went for lessons once in Wolfgang, Austria. Skiing is hard work, I remember my legs were wobbly for days! But I did LOVE going for toboggan rides :) Enjoy your stay in England & do post soonest!
DeleteWhat happened to it?
ReplyDeleteDenise, I suspect a root mould disease struck it. Happened very quickly...hopefully the disease won't strike my 'new' long bean plants growing on the next vege patch.
Deletei thought got a kind of spray to kill get rid of the mould?
ReplyDeleteOhh, ya ke? But I'm not even sure What type of mould it is, so difficult to confirm correct spray to use :)
DeleteThe rainy season can cause a lot of diseases in plants. How did you cook the final harvest?
ReplyDeleteHehe, they were part of my most fave cooking method: stir frying! :)
Delete