PAGES

Thursday, 16 February 2012

Linggi House 2

Finally, after much hemming & hawwing & dragging of feet (or is it fingers?), here's part 2 on Linggi House. Part 1 is here. 

Recollecting the throbbing headache & painful squinty eyes endured from looking-up plant information while preparing Part 1, I though I'll just concentrate on the flowers in Linggi House this time because..well, there are only mostly orchids and hibiscus there!! It should be a breeze to look up information on these right? Right? 

Sigh.....I really didn't know that the Orchid family is the largest family in the whole plant kingdom!! It has Hundreds of genus, Thousands of species and *shudder* as many more hybrids and what's worst, new members are constantly being identified & added to the family tree! Eeeppp.....

So, errm I think I'll just put up the pictures and do minimal to none comments, okay :-)

Here are some of the flora & fauna I had the pleasure of meeting & admiring.

The ant & winged insect love it too!
I think this is an albino! Notice the flower behind it.

Phalaenopsis close-up






Very dainty & small flowers-blooms all year





Due to frilly 'lips', possibly a Cattleya?

   
A terrestrial orchid but that frilly lips..is it a Cattleya?
  

I like the striped markings..Tiger Orchid?

Hibiscus - Malaysia's National flower
White based Cat's Whiskers- a herb

Frilly petals-the flower was BIG!

Passion Flower- so lovely & 'alien' like :)


And here they are, the "fauna" ie. our newest 'family' members  :)

Henrietta or  Rowena?
Henry or Rod?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful orchids, some I grow as well... but nothing can top the chickens :D Henry and Henrietta, what a hoot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh the last two pic also flora ka? keekekeke...

    ReplyDelete
  3. go FB...I just tagged you with some Gardening books. Sale at Subang Avenue next to Carrefour/subang parade, till this sunday . RM1. Free Parking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gone Tropical: Indeed, the names Henry & Henrietta just have that certain ring to it :)
    SK: They are definitely not but that doesn't stop them from feasting on the flora tho! Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate receiving comments on my post(s). If you find the post interesting or have questions, please DO drop a line! Thank you :)